"It takes a long time to become young." -Pablo Picasso | 🎂 Crop
"EVERYBODY BE COOL! THIS IS A ROBBERY!!"
The Lessons of LOST: Understanding the Most Important Network Show of the Past 10 Years by Andy Greenwald for Grantland
“LOST was more than a TV show. It was a sort of shared madness, a delirium that ranged far beyond Wednesday nights at 10.”
Music Shuffle Meme
"You can tell a lot about a person by what kind of music they listen to. Put your music on shuffle and write down the first 10 songs that come on. Tag 10 people you would also like to learn more about through their taste in music."
I was tagged by johncabrera.
I’ve linked the song titles to Spotify if you want to follow along at home.
It should be noted, in the interest of variety, I omitted multiple tracks from bands already shuffled on the list. Also I have music from several genres on my iPhone but this is what came up.
1) We Used to Wait - Arcade Fire [The Suburbs
2) The Hurt - Cat Stevens [Gold]
3) I’m the Man Who Loves You - Wilco [Yankee Hotel Foxtrot]
4) PDA - Interpol [Turn on the Bright Lights]
5) Needle in the Hay - Elliot Smith [Elliot Smith]
6) Beat It - Michael Jackson [Thriller]
7) Sabotage - Beastie Boys [The Sounds of Silence]
8) All of the Lights - Kanye West [My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy]
9) California English - Vampire Weekend [Contra]
10) Oh Comely - Neutral Milk Hotel [In the Aeroplane Over the Sea]
Because I’m a rebel, I tag only seven people:
As John Cabrera said: “No pressure. Disregard this post if you don’t feel like your taste in music represents you best… or if these chain reblog memes aren’t your thing… I’ve ignored plenty over the years.”
It took a lot of restraint to not slide across the hood, Sabotage-style, after I took this shot. #vscocam #losangeles
Photo by Ezra Stoller.
Somber Clown 9/11/06 • I was in NYC for a trip & decided to check out the memorial that afternoon. At that point the site was still under construction, with the earth laid bare like an open wound. I took a lot of photos but this one stands out to me the most. I think about it every year on this day. Edited with #vscofilm. •
STORY. OF. MY LIFE.
THIS. I’ve been trying to get up earlier and go to bed earlier (& mostly succeeding in this goal), but yeah, pretty much.